12.31.2007

Daddies unite

Daddy got quite worried. Worried that he is not much of a help to mum. I know that dad loves mum very much, but he acknowledges that he is quite a dead log once he closes his eyes. He got to know of a new friend, Uncle Peet recently. It was auntie Carol that linked them together. Uncle Peet knows daddy's friends too- how the world shrinks through Facebook. Leena and Laura (interesting, they both start with L). I heard this Laura woman and dad were quite close before... hmmm.

Anyway, dad read that uncle Peet was from Yale and Stanford and now in the Police force. Dad loved what uncle Peet wrote to him :

"yes, parentings is very difficult. For me, I try to remember two things: to support and love my wife (she is the primary care giver when the kids are infants) and to instruct my children as told by the Bible (when they are older and able to understand).
I find that to be a good parent, we really need to "die" to a lot of our own selfish desires. It means giving up a lot of the past times that we men cherish before we had kids, e.g. going on long holidays, diving (for me), and having long quiet dinners with wives, going to the theatre, etc. As in Ecc, there's a time for everything -- and when our kids are infants, it's the time for us to invest most of our waking time and energy with them... other social and personal needs can come on board later as the kids mature.
It's tough... but I think I am enjoying more of it as I grow =) "
Dad's new year resolution for 2008: To be a fabulous Dad! Yipppppy :)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hello Princess Joanna - you are truly blessed to be the Princess in the Yeo family! Your daddy & mommy love you so much! And God loves you too! And Aunty Carol too! :) Your 2008 is going to be an amazing year - you will grow so fast that your dad & mom will find it hart to catch up with you! God Bless!

Unknown said...

Thanks Aunty Carol! I sure will. Dad just wants me to learn the ways of a wise one. Thank God dad has been reading Proverbs to me since birth (in Mandarin).... yes, he advocates the bilingual policy. Way to go CPDD.