12.31.2007

Sentosa escapade (Sent- to-sars)


If Bird Flu H5N1 virus or the SARs virus was to lend, it sure would be soaped away by the soap forms aka. snow that landed on jewel box. So much for the snow show. Mummy commented it was indeed a let down. Mummy told me that this year, while I was in her first trimester, we celebrated daddy's birthday at the Jewel Box over dinner. But it was a disappointment for their food.

Tonight, after dad and Josh went for the luge car ride (o o o when can I come along, it sure sounds fun!) we went for a skybar's chicken wings, coffee bean drinks and Subway's pizza, all spread across a tiny table while overlooking the misty skyline of Shenton Way. I was sure very exhausted. Church in the morning, Fish and Co. for lunch and then a two hours wait in Mount Faber before finally arriving to Sentosa.

But it frightens me to see mummy pulling a long face. For me, I take much comfort just suckling in her bossoms especially when I am tired. But like dad, I have a bad habit. I tend to overeat. So here I was sucking and sucking away and... then it all happened again. I threw out everything i drank ... not once, but twice. First on mummy, then daddy. Mummy was so angry she almost smacked me. Dad was more comforting, but their worried faces sure speaks volumes.

I tried to sleep. Mum, I really tried but I just can't. PLease understand that all these things are just so exciting for me. Dad says its biological... that my body is not accustomed to all these yet. Homeostasis, he coined it- achieving some kind of balance between the internal and external environment. I think he was just bull-s***ing cos I caught from the corner of his eyes.

Anyway I am just glad to be home again. Its been a long day but I just wonder, why do the adults always kick up such a fuss over parties and excursions at the end of the year. I am glad though that my parents make an effort at least, to make 30 Dec 2007 more memorable for me.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You know, you took 9 months to form in your mommy's womb. You will take at least another 9 months to get used to the adult world. You deserve to get some slack. Hopefully the adults will get this some day! :)